I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Project Diary - 9 Oct 2017
October 9, 2017
At 1500, the team got together for the first time and brainstormed ideas for the game topic that we were assigned to, as tower defense game designs are generally similar, we had to find ways to introduce an interesting twist to it, alongside elements of the game such as mazing that will determine the learning curve of the game as we do not want the base difficulty to be too complex. We concluded that the game will have both Player versus Player and Player versus Environment modes.
After discussing about the game topic, we moved on to talk about which game engine we should use for the game. As we have individuals with experience using Unity prior to this project and the game environment itself not being 3D intensive, we concluded that Unity will be a better fit for our game topic.
Regarding art style for the character and tower models, it is our lead designer's forte therefore we will leave it up to him.
We discussed how the game's story-line should be like and have a base lore to it so we can kick start everyone's task. We decided that the game will be based on demons against humans. However, the players will be playing as the demons defending against humans from invading their realm. By deciding the character races that will be in the game, we can start doing artwork based on the relevant theme.
As for level design, we decided to include mazing as a key feature therefore our main focus would be starting with algorithms such as path finding. Other base code preparation such as Camera and Player movements will be implemented as well.
In regards to social media, we plan to use Wix for both website and blog alongside facebook to advertise our game, we will possibly use twitter and instagram in the near future as well.